Monday, June 23, 2003

Whaou.
As a kid of the new techs, I'm not someone to be impressed by some technoshitlookatmyplasmaeffectitsgreat, but here... Animusic (2001). Don't know why I didn't go trough this piece before, but it's... well, it's art. Ok, for the one who don't get a word out of my astonishment, here is what it is: Animusic is a set of four (five?) pieces of music, artificial, with artificial instruments, it's called music-driven computer animation. So, you got artificial instrument, 3D animation, playing computer music. The music is somehow common, I mean it's good, but it's not mozart either. What's cool is the design of the instrument, automated guitars, ghost powered drums, and the synchro between those instruments and the music, it's really like looking at a real orchestra, where you can distinguish each player among it's fellows, but without any player, just instruments. Ok, you gotta see it, I can't tell you much more than that.

No comments: