Friday, August 22, 2003

Hey world.
There is a bunch of new virus around these days, do not click blindly.

- That was a message of the SaveOftenTeam. -

Seriously, patch your windows, get linux, get some firewall and/or antivirus, watch your mails. Ho, get rid of outlook, there is a lot of alternatives.
Ok, let's me show you. The softs I use are mostly free for non commercial use, refer to the corresponding license
As a firewall I use kerio, simple and effective, you can have a look at ZoneAlarm if you prefer. I don't.
As a Antivirus, got Antivir, seems ok, but I've had it for only few days.
Next mailer and browser, well, get mozilla. Mozilla firebird is for browsing, mozilla thunderbird for mailing if I remember well.
You might want something for your instant messages, Trillian is ok. (not totally free though, the pro version is sold).
With that you'll be wired AND secure. Well, do not execute programs you receive in emails, they are crap. Your friends never send you .exe, .pif or .scr, do they ?
Viruses are a disease, takes down the net. Some should do their work better, some should do something else of their free time.
Get responsible, do not click blindly.

No comments: